Cook along with Charlotte in the Lavender Keeper’s Café. These roasted ham hocks, using The Story Pig’s Tamworth free-range ham, are a delicious springtime crowd-pleaser to share with family and friends.
2 Tamworth cured ham hocks
2 carrots, grated and chopped
6 garlic cloves, peeled
2 red onions, chopped into chunks
1 bottle of cider or apple juice
1. Pre-heat the oven to 220c
2. Take a deep tray and grease with a little olive oil
3. Peel the onions and carrots, cutting them into chunks
4. Place the ham hocks in the tray and season with a little salt
5. Add the carrots, onions, garlic cloves and rosemary to the tray
6. Pour in the cider or apple juice
7. Place in the oven and cook until you have a crispy crackling,
8. Then turn the oven down to 140c, and slow cook it for 4-5 hours
9. When it’s ready, leave it to cool enough for you to pull the meat off the bone
10. Serve with applesauce or mustard, bread and salad, or a deliciously creamy mash!